Title: The Third Best Thing
Series: Fulton U #3
Author: Maya Hughes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs
Release Date: January 30,, 2020


AVAILABLE NOW!
PURCHASE ON AMAZON
or Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


BLURB

Dear Letter Girl, I need to see you. When can we meet?


Her response never came. My secret pen pal with a dirty mind has ghosted me. I've roped Jules, my sweet as pie next door neighbor, to help me track her down.


There's only one problem—I'm falling for her. The tortoise shell glasses, out of this world curves and delicious treats are making the search for The Letter Girl even harder.


My notes were supposed to be a one time thing. A little too much wine and naughty thoughts on a winter's night. I never thought Berk would write back. I wanted to tell him it was me, but the fear of rejection kept my lips sealed.


Now he’s enlisted my help to track down The Letter Girl and our search has him hot on my, ahem, her trail.


She's the girl next door.


He's my secret pen pal.


Truth is on a collision course with their hearts and it’s only a matter of time before one of them gets wrecked...







MY REVIEW
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Admittedly, I’m not a big fan of NA/YA romance, but I am when this talented lady writes it. Her characters are rich, complex, flawed and endearing, and refreshingly mature for their age. They're written in such a way that you can’t help but love them.

Berk is a college senior with hopes of an NFL career. He seems carefree and fun loving, but he has a past he's worked hard to put behind him, and a part of him will always be that scared little boy who had an unstable childhood. His story is so down to earth and relatable, and parts of it are exquisitely heartbreaking.

Jules, his neighbor and classmate, has her own struggles with self-esteem, but she covers it with a dazzling smile, sunny disposition and all the baked goods you could want. She's one of my favorite kinds of heroine because her innate goodness shines in everything she does.

Jules and Berk had me captivated from the very beginning. Their banter is sweet and funny, with things edging into some hilarious “don’t try this at home" territory when they progress to the bedroom. They both make mistakes and have some growing to do, but it reads as authentic and stirs the reader's emotions without being contrived or overly angsty. They also each have a mean girl type sister which certainly keeps things interesting.

This book is exactly what a young adult romance should be, and if you’re already a fan of the genre, prepare to have your socks knocked off because you'll fall nose over toes for Berk and Jules. Funny and steamy, but poignant and sweet, this one will work your emotions over in the very best way. It will leave you with a full heart, a happy sigh and a great big smile, so prepare to be owned by these authentic, charismatic, endlessly endearing characters.

Get your copy using the below links, and check out the other books in this terrific series. Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.
AMAZON TOP 500 REVIEWER 

GOODREADS LINK: The Third Best Thing

ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FULTON U SERIES
And FREE to Read with Kindle Unlimited

#1 The Perfect First


 #2 The Second We Met

Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.

I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.

AUTHOR LINKS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!