New Book By Vivian Wood Is So Much More Than Pretend!

Pretend I'm Yours by Vivian Wood



Blurb 

Heartbroken, destroyed, and on the edge of despair.

That’s how I felt for two years after my wife died, leaving me all alone with our baby.  I sucked it up and kept going for my little girl… but I wasn’t living. I was only existing.

Then I met Larkin, my gorgeous blonde neighbor. She’s got curves in the right places, and toffee-colored eyes that beg me to do unspeakable things to her.

I don’t want to want her. I don’t want to look at her, and I definitely don’t want to long for her.  I want to avoid her.

Except… I can’t. Everywhere I go, everything I do, I am brought back to Larkin.

And when we finally cave, falling into bed together... It’s fucking explosive and passionate and deep. Soon enough, it’s as essential as breathing.

I’m starting to fall in love with Larkin… but it was never supposed to turn into this.  If I want a future with Larkin, I have to figure out how to let go of the past.  And nothing has ever felt so good and hurt so bad.

Add to TBR —> https://bit.ly/2FMX174

Playlist 

Links: 



#uglycry #tearjerker #HEA

My Review:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Charlie lives in shades of gray ever since the death of his wife two years ago. His entire focus is on his toddler daughter, Sarah, getting through the day and grieving over his loss. When he moves with his daughter to Pacific Pines to be closer to his family, the grays slowly turn to color the more he gets to know his neighbor, Larkin. She brightens his world by simply existing and Larkin is wonderful with two-year-old Sarah. But is Charlie's interest in Larkin a betrayal of  his wife?

Vivian Wood is an author I've come to depend on for emotive romance with damaged characters in need of healing, so I was glad to read an early copy of this book, and I loved everything about it!  Somehow Charlie's grief and struggle with moving on made him even more endearing. I admired his commitment to his daughter and his loyalty to his wife, but I admit, I kind of wanted to shake him a time or two. But when he made up his mind, nothing was going to stand in his way.  Larkin was an amazing heroine, and just what Charlie needed. She was also realistic, at times hurt and frustrated, but still understanding and patient.

This one has sizzling chemistry and tons of emotion to tug at your heartstrings. It was easy to fall in love with the two main characters and I cheered for them throughout the book. Add in an adorable toddler and a band of misfit rescue animals and Ms. Wood managed to strike all the right chords. I was completely invested in Charlie and Larkin's story and hated to see it end. Grab your copy of this heartfelt, tender, steamy, uplifting read today. You fall in love with Charlie and Larkin (and Sarah) too.   

Grab your copy of this terrific read today! Until next time dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!