Simmer by Stephanie Rose Brings The Heat!




Title: Simmer
Author: Stephanie Rose
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 16, 2018



Blurb

Simmer (verb): to stew gently below or just at the boiling point; to be in a state of incipient development


My life was always at a simmer… only stewing, never going anywhere. I was left to fend for myself when it came to affection or love, so I learned to go without. 

I refused to let them see how broken and lonely I was; it was much easier to hide behind a false reality. I didn't want anyone's pity. I didn't need it. Pity wouldn't put food on the table or keep a roof over our heads. That was all me.

Now, I have a second chance at a dream long forgotten. It demands hard work and sacrifice—with absolutely no distractions. A recipe I already know all too well, raising a daughter on my own. 

Drew Kostas is everything I’ve ever wanted but couldn't let myself have. He’s younger, gorgeous, charming—and relentless. He sees beyond the hardened shell I’ve built to protect myself, coaxing out a softer me I don't recognize. 

It doesn't matter how I melt in his presence when the heat between us threatens to boil over. 

That's the thing about heat. When it rises, everyone gets burned. 

Especially when they're foolish enough to fall in love.


My Five Star Review:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Sara is adjusting to some huge changes. As a single mother, it's been only her and Victoria, until Victoria's father and his fiancée entered their lives. Now she has a chance to finish her culinary degree, but that means leaving her nine-year-old daughter with Victoria's father for the next year. Add to that the fact that in the past nine years she's been the antithesis of social, working three, sometimes four jobs just to keep a roof over their head and the lights on. So the college environment is way outside her comfort zone. She lucks out with a great roommate, so that certainly eases the way. And then there’s Drew, a younger grad student who's intrigued by the challenge of getting through Sara's hard outer shell.

Between the time I read my first book by this author and reading the advance copy of this book, I’ve read probably a couple hundred other books. Although all of the details of “Rewrite" didn’t stick with me, the name, Stephanie Rose, certainly did and now I remember why. This author has such a beautiful way of telling a story so full of heart and deep emotion that it seeps into every part of me, mesmerizing me and holding me spellbound from the first word to the last. Sara and Drew’s story is one of patience, acceptance, self-discovery and personal growth, and it’s as captivating as it is inspiring.

Sara is such a beautiful, intelligent, strong woman whose parents taught her she didn’t deserve love. My heart ached for the unloved girl who was never good enough, but still poured every part of herself into her daughter, beginning when her parents kicked her out when she became pregnant. Then my heart proceeded to break when Drew, with his patient, cautious acceptance and unconditional love, showed Sara in a thousand ways that she was worthy and loveable. She didn’t make it easy at first, with her prickly, standoffish approach and mile-high walls, but it was so amazing to watch her metamorphosis, to see her open her heart and receive love from Drew and others in her life and to come to understand that home is people rather than places.

This book is everything a great romance should be. Sweet, steamy, humorous, touching, uplifting and inspiring, and showcases that transcendent, soul-deep connection between two people we all hope to find. It's a phenomenal story that will fill your heart, sear your soul, and stay with you long after the last page. You'll want to grab the tissue box, but absolutely don’t miss out on this spectacular read!


ADD TO GOODREADS





Purchase Links

$2.99 for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







Find more Simmer excerpts here -
Search #SimmerExclusive





Author Bio


Stephanie Rose grew up loving words and making up stories. Being able to share them with readers is her dream come true. This lifelong Bronx girl loves Starbucks, wine and 80s rock. Her voice often gets mistaken for a Mob Wives trailer.

She married her prom date and has a LEGO obsessed son. She believes there is nothing sexier than a good guy who loves with all his heart and has made it her mission to bring as many as she can to the page.

Follow her everywhere, she loves hearing from readers!


Author Links




Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!