Title: Just One Touch
Series: Oh Tequila Series #3
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: June 19, 2018 Publisher: Limitless Publishing
I should have known this would happen...
Nothing about my fraternity was ever simple. Parties, tequila – tons of tequila – and wild souvenirs from our kind of crazy.
Never, and I do mean never, did I expect my brother’s girl to target me in a midnight prank. A prank that backfired and left me squealing in pain.
Have you ever seen those shows, the ones that say the “dirty deed” sent you to the ER? Well, I went to the ER, and yes, my manhood was involved. Let me just say I gained absolutely no pleasure from it. Unless, of course, you consider that sweet nurse who treated me.
The problem? She hated me…and I had no idea why, but I wasn’t willing to let her walk away until I figured it out.
Emelie was feisty, and I’d never felt the type of excitement I did after spending only five seconds in her line of fire. I was gonna enjoy this...way more than I should, and I knew it.
She saw, she conquered, and I was defeated. 
All it took was just one touch, and oh, what a ride it was.

My Review:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Young Adult and New Adult are genres I usually run away from as fast as possible, especially when there’s a frat house involved. But the only things typical of that genre in this book are the college age characters and said frat house.  Because it was CA Harms and her writing has proven her worth for me in the past, I decided to dig into an early copy of this book. I’m so glad I did and loved it so much I purchased my own copy. I would have really been missing out if I had passed this one over!

Emelie gets her first good look at Clayton when he shows up in her ER after a prank super gluing his hands goes wrong and a very different appendage gets caught in the disaster. As his nurse, Emelie won’t give  Clay the time of day, but they’re in a college class together and he's not giving up. Emelie continues to put Clay off, and it’s not until a chance encounter at the laundry mat, where Emelie sees how Clay responds to something very important to her, that she opens her life and heart to him. 

The turn-off of NA/YA novels for me is that the characters are typically written so immaturely and any conflict or crisis arises out of the immature attitudes and behavior rather than from external sources. I’d sooner stab my eye with a rusty fork than deal with a whiney, bratty, selfish heroine.  None of that with this author, thankfully. Emelie and Clay were phenomenal. Yes, a few frat-style antics ensued, but both of these characters were complex and deep with a strength, character and maturity that was refreshing to find in this genre. 

The conflict was representative of the way life tends to get messy all on its own, and Clay and Emelie's reactions were realistic and refreshingly honest, which only served to make me love them more. The true talent of CA Harms is that she can create realistically flawed and abundantly endearing characters without the typical props used by many YA authors. She relies on real-life situations to provide drama, conflict and angst, and the characters come out on the other side having learned and grown with their relationship more solidly cemented. This approach not only provides a terrific reading experience but also models positive responses to trying circumstances, so it’s a double win for me. 

I easily fell for Emelie and Clay, as well as all the secondary characters, so I’m eager to get my hands on more of this series. Even those who aren’t YA fans will enjoy this book and won’t be able to resist Clay, Emelie and their friends. The characters effortlessly draw in the reader, winning her heart with their authenticity, light-heartedness and strength. Don’t miss this evocative, sweet, humorous story from the Oh Tequila series!  

Until next time, dear reader,

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict



 


C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.
She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.
HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!