Vivian Lux IS Theresa Leigh, With a Great New Romance!



Last Good Man (A Crown Creek Standalone)
by Theresa Leigh (aka Vivian Lux)

Synopsis:

Cooper Grant is not my type. Yes, he’s drool-worthy, with that glint in his blue eyes and the jaw-dropping way he fills out his jeans. Yes, other women might fall all over themselves for a glimpse of his slow, crooked smile. I’m not other women.

He hates me. And the feeling is mutual.

In a town as small as ours, it’s pretty hard to avoid him...and it’s completely impossible once I wake up in a hospital bed to find Cooper pacing the floor of my room.

He’s rumpled. He’s frantic. And he’s swearing I’m his fiancee.

What the hell?

I hate him, but he saved my life. So when he asks me to lie and pretend we’re engaged, I have no choice but to play along. One moment we’re fighting like usual, the next moment he’s kissing me and slipping a gorgeous ring onto my finger. It’s enough to give me whiplash… again.

And maybe it’s the bump on my head, but it’s getting pretty easy to pretend I’m in love with him.

Now, instead of avoiding him, I’m surrendering to his crushing kisses. Our fiery hatred for each other isn’t nearly as hot as the nights we spend entwined. The engagement is fake. The love is pretend.

But the way I ache for him is real.

And now I want to know… Can your worst enemy be your best lover?


My Review:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Willa and Liam are best friends and Liam and Cooper are best friends, but Cooper and Willa have been the polar opposite of BFFs since he saw her out with another guy while she was still Liam’s girlfriend in high school. Yeah, Liam has told Cooper he doesn’t know the whole story, but Cooper knows what he saw, although it may be colored by his father's serial infidelity. Everything Cooper knows and believes about Willa is challenged one rainy night after Liam's going away party. Cooper promises a drunk Liam he'll make sure Willa gets home safely, but when he goes back to find Willa he discovers her unconscious and injured on the side of the road. Desperate to see her taken care of, he claims to be her fiancé so he can stay with her in the ambulance, and things snowball out of control from there.  But time away from their routine, everyday life has them both viewing the other in a different light.

I’ve read several books published by this author under her pen name, Vivian Lux, so I was eager to get my hand’s on an early copy of this book. She’s quickly gained a permanent place on my Must Read list with her compelling storylines, beautifully flawed, complex characters and the deep emotion her stories evoke. This book is no different, but has the added interest of an enemies to lovers trope that made for some really entertaining, enticing reading.  I adored Willa, with her strength of character, loyalty and compassion. A part of me wanted to dislike Cooper, but it was clear there was a lot more to him than was evident at first glance. They both had a few life lessons in store, complicated by loyalty and confidential promises, and I loved the way the author tackled the issues and resolved the conflict.  If you're looking for a captivating romance with a little steam, a little humor, plenty of emotion and characters you can’t help but love, run to the 1-Click and grab Last Good Man today.


Last Good Man is available now at these outlets:


I loved everything about this book and definitely recommend not only this but all of Leigh's/Lux's work, which you can find here and here.  

I'll leave you with my favorite quote from the book, “I had gotten him so completely and utterly wrong.”  Seriously, if you haven't read this author, you're really missing out! Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

(Find my other reviews here.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!