Hot Heir is Finally Here!




Title: Hot Heir
Author: Pippa Grant
Genre: Sexy Romantic Comedy
 Release Date: August 31, 2018

Blurb

If I had to pick a bride of convenience, my first choice would NOT be Peach Maloney.
My fiftieth choice would NOT be Peach.
Top spot on my list of occupational hazards? Yes. 
Royal pain in the ass?  Yes.
A bride of convenience? No.
But I’ve unexpectedly gone from royal bodyguard to monarch, having inherited a crown that was stolen from my family long before my birth. The kicker of this unexpected royal gift? In order to take the throne I must find a wife.
Have I mentioned Peach would NOT have been my hundredth choice?
But I’ve no other options, and she needs a favor that my new position can fulfill quite nicely. So we’ve agreed to play the doting newlyweds out in public.
In private, though, our rules are simple:
No touching.
No talking.
And certainly no sex.
I should have known better than to marry a rule-breaking pain in the arse.

ADD TO GOODREADS




My Review:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

We're getting enough characters in these interconnected stand alones that we may need a flow chart, but I’ll try to keep it simple. This book is Peach and Viktor's story and includes Peach's sister, Papaya, and their Meemaw. Peach is best friends and business partners with Joey (Joey and Zeus from The Pilot and the Puck-Up) and Viktor is head bodyguard for royal hockey player Manning (Gracie and Manning from Royally Pucked). To obtain legal custody of her sister, the Alabama judge orders Peach to get married, and yes, I’ve seen judges here in the south make some pretty crazy rulings, so that’s not too far fetched. Viktor has the opportunity to be king of the country from which his grandfather was dethroned, but Amoria law requires their king have a wife. Peach and Viktor may get on each other's last nerve, but they can be a solution for each other and keep things strictly business. You can likely already see how well that will work out.  

This author is an auto preorder and auto “get my hands on an advance copy" so the scales may be tipped in favor of me viewing her work in a positive light, but it’s because she’s truly a fantastic writer. If a queen of romantic comedy were being crowned, I'd be hard pressed to not plop the tiara firmly on Grant's witty, humorous head. Every new book is better than the last, and I’m in awe of her ability to continue to create such delightfully entertaining stories.  No one does antics, shenanigans and comedic errors quite like this author, from legwarmers for llamas and charming crumbling castles to purloined hot air balloons and everything coming up, well, hearts, there’s never a dull moment.  

Of course, these characters are just as endearing as the others have been and quickly find their way into the reader's heart. (Seriously, there are a lot of hearts!)  I loved Viktor's upper crust narration, and how he seemed all serious, stoic and kingly, but his compassion, huge heart, a sense of humor he kept closely guarded and his hint of vulnerability are what really made the character for me.  And between Peach and her younger sister Papaya, never mind his kingly duties, Viktor really has his hands full.  Papaya is a good-hearted, out of control teenager, and Peach has her own set of challenges. Moving from Alabama to the country of Amoria doesn’t really change any of that. “You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can’t take the trailer park out of the girl" seems to be a motto ingrained in Peach and she's always had to work harder to make a success of things. It also doesn't help that she had a lesson in trusting men when she was fifteen, and she's believed that all men are untrustworthy ever since. She's her own worst enemy because it keeps her from seeing the good in her or the good things she has accomplished.

It’s always an adventure to read a Grant book, and this is no exception. I never know where the journey will take me, but I know it will be great fun.  These characters are complex and immensely endearing. The storyline is engaging and entertaining, and I was right there with Peach and Viktor, page by page, pulling for their happily ever after. With an abundance of non-food-or-beverage-consuming, laugh-out-loud moments, the perfect amount of kingly and sassy southern hotness, and a ton of happy-sigh inducing heart, this book is royally worthy of a 1-Click!

Purchase Links

$2.99 for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIO




AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


Author Bio

Pippa Grant is a stay-at-home mom and housewife who loves to escape into sexy, funny stories way more than she likes perpetually cleaning toothpaste out of sinks and off toilet handles. When she’s not reading, writing, sleeping, or trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, she’s fantasizing about chocolate chip cookies.
Author Links




Giveaway

Grab Pippa's latest and check out her other books. Every one is a rompin' good time!  Until next time, dear reader 

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

(See my other reviews here.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!