Title: The Hero and the Hacktivist
Author: Pippa Grant
Genre: Sexy Romantic Comedy
 Release Date: November 9, 2018

Blurb

A SEAL / Best Friend’s Brother / Robin Hood in Cyberspace Romantic Comedy

For anyone who’s ever been on the receiving end of an unsolicited dick pic…

He has the muscles of Adonis, an ego bigger than the sun, and a very clear desire to get back in my pants. Which would be fantastic if he weren’t a SEAL and I wasn’t a criminal.

Although, I prefer the term avenger.

I’m a hacktivist, cleaning up the cesspool of cyberspace one scam artist and troll at a time, and I sometimes bend a few rules to get justice done.

He’s a military man with abs of glory, sworn to uphold the letter of the law no matter its shortcomings. And if he’d known who—or what—I was, I doubt he would’ve banged me at my best friend’s wedding reception.

Or come back for more.

Which is why he’s now the only thing standing between me and one very pissed off internet troll who’s figured out where I live.

I’m pretty sure he’ll get me out of this alive—and quite satisfied, thank you very much—but I’m also pretty sure this mission will end with me in handcuffs.

And not the good kind of handcuffs.

The Hero and the Hacktivist is a romping fun romance between a SEAL and a twisted hacker by day, drummer by night, complete with epic klutziness, terrible leg warmers, and an even worse phone virus gone wrong. This romantic comedy stands alone with no cheating or cliffhangers and ends with a fabulously fun happily ever after.

ADD TO GOODREADS


My Review
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Somehow, every book I read by this author gets more hilarious and more outrageous. This time we get the story of Eloise, drummer in an all girl boy band cover band, and Rhett, brother of bandmate Parker. Eloise, hacker extraordinaire, has chosen the wrong target to take down by reallocating millions from the leg warmer company he runs, posing as a woman and scamming trusting women out of their hard-earned money. Navy SEAL Rhett happens to be in the right place at the right time to spirit Eloise away, escaping the clutches of the leg warmer goons who are after her.

Each book in this series of interconnected standalones is terrific, but Grant pulled out all the stops on this one. With every corny euphemism for sexy bits you’ve ever heard and a few you never thought of, and hilariously autocorrected texts from Parker's unique and always entertaining phone, this book had me laughing through every page. Along with the hilarity there's plenty of heat, but the truly special thing about this book is its heart. Eloise behaves ridiculously and makes outrageous statements in order to keep people at arms length. Not only is she scared that being close to someone gives them the power to hurt her, she's afraid she will eventually let down those she loves. Yet somehow, Rhett sees the real Eloise, the amazing, strong, intelligent woman beneath the false bravado, and slips past her defenses, and for Eloise it’s terrifying and thrilling. And terrifying. There's just something special about seeing a loveable, prickly-on-the-outside but vulnerable-on-the-inside character find their forever love.

Returning to Pippa's book world is always a treat, and catching up with characters I’ve come to know and love is like coming home. If you’ve never read her work, you’re seriously missing out, so start with this book and then catch up on the other characters' love stories. And if you’re already a Pippa fan, I don’t have to sell you on this book because you’ve probably already grabbed it. So get comfortable and dig in to this zany and hilarious but touching and heartfelt book today!  I can’t recommend this author's work enough -- my life certainly has a lot more laughter in it since I started reading Grant's books.  Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers, 

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.

Purchase Links

$2.99 for release week ONLY!!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


Author Bio

Pippa Grant is a stay-at-home mom and housewife who loves to escape into sexy, funny stories way more than she likes perpetually cleaning toothpaste out of sinks and off toilet handles. When she’s not reading, writing, sleeping, or trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, she’s fantasizing about chocolate chip cookies.

Books by Pippa Grant



Author Links

FACEBOOK     FACEBOOK GROUP     TWITTER
GOODREADS    BOOKBUB     WEBSITE     INSTAGRAM



Giveaway


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!