New From Angie Martin: The Chronicler and Mr. Smith

 
Title: The Chronicler and Mr. Smith
Series: The Madison Shaw Chronicles #1
Author: Angie Martin
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Thriller
Release Date: January 29, 2019

When the mysterious Mr. Smith enters romance author Madison Shaw’s life, she is thrust into danger she thought only belonged in books. Though they clash at first sight, she places her fate in his hands when unknown forces threaten her survival.


Paranormal events push Madison to leave behind a world where monsters don’t exist – not even in fiction. With Mr. Smith as her guide, she discovers the truth about her destiny and the things that go bump in the night. Can she survive her new reality, or will she fall prey to the creatures lurking in the shadows.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

It's been a while since I’ve read an Angie Martin book, and I’m reminded again why she is an author I will follow into any trope and any genre. Martin has a gift for making sentences sing like lyrics and bringing a story alive in vivid color. With picturesque prose as stunning as lightning, this story leaped to life and played out in front of me, holding me spellbound until the last page. 

Madison Shaw is a successful romance author on a book tour in New York City. After her signing, she has several interviews lined up, the first with a blogger, Mr. Smith. Strangely, he asks no questions about her book, and he knows things about her no one else does. When her life is in peril, it’s Mr. Smith to her rescue, which immerses Mads into a world she thought only existed in movies or books. In a moment, her life is irrevocably changed, yet her calling and purpose are higher than she ever imagined. 

Holy wow, this story hooked its claws in me and would not turn me loose! With riveting action, supernatural surprises and compelling mysticism, it left me breathless. I’m not nearly ready to leave these characters, and I want more! More of Mads and her settling into her new life and soaking up details and knowledge of her new world. More of Mr. Smith, who seems stoic and in charge, yet we catch glimpses of something deep under those still waters. More of Mads and Mr. Smith and their clashing and butting heads with something more clearly developing. And more of monsters, fighting evil, saving humanity and good triumphing! 

This is the first book in a series, which I’m always a little leery of because I hate to be left hanging. Not to worry with this book. Although there is clearly much, much more to come, Martin wraps up the pertinent plot points, leaving the reader satisfied but eager for the next book. If you’re strictly a contemporary romance reader, which I consider myself to be, I urge you to take a chance on this one. The writing is so phenomenal that ending the book with a blooming romance and more monsters to face doesn’t disappoint, but rather, leaves me in giddy anticipation for the next book. I can’t wait for more of these 1-Click-worthy characters! 

Get your copy of this exciting romantic thriller today! Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers, 

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.







I am a lifelong writer and firmly believe that words flow through my veins. I live in the Inland Empire area of California with my husband and our beloved pets. I have sons who are off paving their own way in the world. I grew up in Wichita, Kansas, my hometown and where most of my books take place or mention, and I will always be a Kansas girl at heart.


I have released six novels in the suspense/thriller, paranormal/supernatural thriller, and horror genres. I also have a poetry/short story collection and have contributed short stories to multiple anthologies. Conduit has earned Bestseller on Amazon in the US and UK. Conduit, The Boys Club, and Chrysalis have all won highly respected awards, while Conduit, The Boys Club, and False Security have also had blogger and reader-voted awards bestowed upon them.
As a reader first, writer second, I love to discover new authors. My entire life has revolved around imaginary worlds contained within the covers of a book. My aunt introduced me to Stephen King and a little book called Christine in eighth grade, and my life was never the same. As a geek-extraordinaire, I love comics and graphic novels, and also review those, along with the occasional movie and book, as a guest contributor for Fanbase Press.

HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!