The Red Zone, from Amie Knight

TRZ - RB banner.jpg

The Red Zone, an all-new sexy, second chance romance from Amie Knight, is available now!

The Red Zone FOR WEB.jpg
They say the red zone is the hardest place to score.
But for me, those last twenty yards were my sweet spot.
They didn't call me Lukas "Last Minute Lucy" Callihan for nothing.
I was at the top of my game...until life sacked me harder than any linebacker ever could.
Losing my mom was devastating and left me as the sole person responsible for my little sister.
Taking care of Ella and juggling my career was like playing the hardest game of my life.
My only saving grace was Scarlett Knox, Ella's sexy, red-headed, no-nonsense teacher.
She loved Ella. She hated me.
She thought I sucked at this parenting thing, and she wasn’t wrong.
But whenever she was around I got the same earth-shattering, heart-stopping feeling I did when I was only twenty yards from the goal line.
She made me feel like I was back in the red zone, a place I’d never fumbled.
Until now.
TRZ - AN.jpg

My Review

When she was fourteen, Scarlett Knox tutored the star of the football team, Lukas Callihan, in French. Despite their four year age difference, a friendship developed, only for Luk to leave at the end of his senior year, taking Scarlett's heart with him. Ten years later, he's back home, taking a trade to a lower ranked NFL team to become the guardian to his special needs sister, Ella, when their mother dies unexpectedly. Now, playing football is only a job. His sister is his top priority, but he feels like he's failing at caring for her. 

This author is one I can always count on to infuse her stories with a huge dose of heart, and she certainly delivered with The Red Zone! Not only are Luk's struggles and feelings of inadequacy in caring for Ella authentic and endearing, but Scarlett's need to protect her heart is believable and completely understandable. The dips and turns of their getting-reacquainted dance are delightfully entertaining, cementing my interest and ensuring my heart was 100% invested in their story. But with all of her carefulness and prickliness towards Luk in the first part of the story, Scarlett is a wonderful support and encouragement to him when he really needs it. As much as she tries to protect her heart, it’s hard to protect something she gave away years ago. Luk and Scarlett are amazing together in every way, and they may just be my new favorite rom-com couple! 

Then there’s Ella, as well as Luk's teammate, which I can’t help but comment on. Kudos to Ms. Knight for creating a special needs teenager, because Ella is sassy, funny, adorable and larger than life, and her character provides some fantastic humorous scenes. Mason also bears mentioning because he's so terrific with Ella – sweet and gentle but pretty much a big kid with her (okay, and with everybody else). Luk doesn’t have an easy time integrating into his new team, not that he puts any effort into getting to know the guys. But Mason is just stubborn enough that he won't be put off, and he charges his way into Luk and Ella’s life, making himself right at home. And largely due to Mason’s stubbornness, Luk realizes he's not quite as alone in the world as he thought, and he has more family than he realized. 

This is a sweet, poignant, feel-good, second chance romance with the perfect balance of heart, heat and humor. I fell toes over nose for all of these characters and can’t wait to read more! (Please tell me Mason gets his story after Scarlett's brother, Ms. Knight!) If you like a sports romance with characters that are perfectly flawed with hearts of gold, and one that will squeeze your heart while making you laugh, you’ll love Luk and Scarlett's story!  Get your copy using the links below. Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.
AMAZON TOP 1000 REVIEWER 

Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
*Special release price of $2.99*
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/TheRedZOne
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2MPMywG
Red Zone-teaser 2 .jpg
About the Amie
Amie Knight has been a reader for as long as she could remember and a romance lover since she could get her hands on her momma's books. A dedicated wife and mother with a love of music and makeup, she won’t ever be seen leaving the house without her eyebrows and eyelashes done just right. When she isn't reading and writing, you can catch her jamming out in the car with her two kids to '90s R&B, country, and showtunes. Amie draws inspiration from her childhood in Columbia, South Carolina, and can't imagine living anywhere other than the South. AmieKnight.jpg
Connect with Amie
Stay up to date with Amie by joining her mailing list: https://www.authoramieknight.com/#list

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!