Title: Beautifully Broken Life
Series: Sutter Lake #2
Author: Catherine Cowles
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
with elements of Suspense
Release Date: June 25, 2019

Blurb

She’s on the run…

Tessa has finally found a safe haven in Sutter Lake, hiding in plain sight—just as long as no one asks too many questions.

He can’t escape…

Liam knows better than anyone how one wrong word, a single whisper can ruin a life. After seeing the darker side of fame, he's desperate to retreat and find his voice again.

Two people from opposite worlds, brought together by a connection neither expected.

But the forces they’re both running from still lurk in the shadows…

And you never know when they might strike.





My Review

“It took my life breaking apart . . . for ne to start building the beautiful one I had now.”

When I saw this book hit my Kindle, all other reading came to a screeching halt. (My apologies to the dozen other books I committed to read first.) And when I saw forty-seven chapters, I got a little giddy, hoping this book would go on and on. I was already excited for Tessa and Liam's story and suspected it would be one I never wanted to end. And let me tell you, it was! Beautifully Broken Life is a heartbreaking, inspiring read, with so much emotion I drowned in it, and enough intense suspense that I was hooked on every word. 

This book is a thing of true beauty, an invaluable piece of art, from the first word to the last, from its beautiful prose that are vividly picturesque to its impeccable editing, with authentically flawed and eternally endearing characters, and a storyline that's pure perfection. It drew me in and held me spellbound so that I experienced everything this story offers, resulting in plenty of my own incidents of breakage along this journey with Tessa and Liam. 

Cowles created an amazing hero and heroine in Liam and Tessa! He's a world famous rock star who's never been much of a bad boy or cared for fame. He has a heart of gold, and they way he interacts with Tessa is a thing of beauty. He's so gentle and caring, knowing just when to encourage her or simply be there for her. We knew from the previous book that Tessa was on the run and hiding from something, and she's as skittish as the wild mustangs she loves so much. But, bless her heart, she realizes that the way she's living is nothing more than existing. She decides to face her fears and empower herself, with Liam by her side every step of the way. And Tessa taking control of her life and determining her own destiny? That may be the most beautiful part of this stunning story. 

If you haven’t read this author yet, you need to remedy that today! Cowles is one of the most promising fresh voices in evocative contemporary romance today and I’m thrilled to be along for the ride. Each book is better than the last and I can’t wait to watch her talent grow. Tessa and Liam's story is as beautiful as it is phenomenal, with every emotional element you can imagine, and you absolutely don’t want to miss it! 

Get your copy using the links below, then scroll down for an exquisite trailer, author information and a fantastic giveaway! Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.
AMAZON TOP 500 REVIEWER 

Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Trailer


Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


Author Bio

Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend.

Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!