Title: Forget the Stars
Author: Kelsey Kingsley
Genre: Friends-to-lover/2nd Chance Romance
Release Date: August 26, 2019
Cover Design: Danny Manzella


"From August 26 to September 26, 2019, 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation."









"If you want a book with eternally endearing and relatable characters, a heartfelt, captivating, poignant storyline, and one that has the potential to compassionately enlighten the reader, ponder it no more and get your copy of this one today." - BookAddict
"I can’t forget the stars when I have to give this book all the stars! Seriously. All the stars in the universe. I can’t even begin to tell you how special Forget The Stars is. I just want to go around to everyone I know yelling “READ THIS BOOK!”" - Red Hatter Book Blog




Guitarist Chad Wilcox's life isn't going according to plan. 
At thirty, he never thought he'd still be unmarried and living with his parents. And with the added stress of his poor health, he's convinced the only thing within his control is the success he's found as a rockstar.

After reconnecting with his childhood best friend, Chad sets into motion a new plan to regain control over his happiness, and things start looking up. But when he finds himself diagnosed with a potentially debilitating chronic illness, he begins to wonder...

Is this as good as it's going to get? Or is it at all possible for a guy like him to get everything he's ever wished for?



🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

“In a Sky Full of Dim Stars, You are Shining the Brightest.” 

What does it say about an author and her work when the tag line for my review heading comes from the acknowledgements and not the body of the book? With this one, I can tell you it speaks to her beautiful, compassionate heart that she pours freely into her work, every single time. With this book, I dare say, that’s even more true. 

Chad Wilcox, guitarist for the immensely popular rock group, Devin O'Leary and the Blue Existence, thought by the time he turned thirty his life would look a little different than it does. Yes, the professional success is there, but his eight-year romantic relationship has stalled. When he gets reacquainted with his childhood best friend, Molly Dwyer, things come clearly into focus and Chad makes a long-needed change. He's also dealing with an illness he's ignored for far too long, until he has no choice but to face it head on, but now he has his best friend at his side. 

Once again, I'm in awe of Ms. Kingsley's talent and versatility, giving us another book that is so different from the last but no less touching and profound. Of course these characters own my heart, but there are hidden depths in their story that I'm still discovering. Chad and Molly are perfectly humanized and beautifully flawed, and with no effort at all they burrowed deep and carried me along through their poignant, heartfelt story. 

This author paints a sobering, gripping picture of a devastating illness, making it real and authentic while eliciting true compassion and understanding. She then draws back the curtain on the bullies, benevolently humanizing them and casting them in a new light. She took a huge risk and, for me, it paid off in spades. We all love a romance that lets us escape, because really, that’s why we read them. But this book stopped me in my tracks, making me think, opening my eyes and changing my heart, and that, dear reader, is an invaluable gift. 

This book may not be for every reader. Some may not get it, and some will simply want an escape and nothing more, and that's certainly understandable. I have no doubt those who have read the other books in the series will snatch this one up simply to catch up with the other characters, because it’s like reacquainting with old friends and, for some of us, like coming home. But if you want a book with eternally endearing and relatable characters, a heartfelt, captivating, poignant storyline, and one that has the potential to compassionately enlighten the reader, ponder it no more and get your copy of this one today. 

Now, in case you were wondering, that is indeed my quote in the "Praise For" section, shared by the PR company with nearly 200 of my blogger piers. Eek! A little daunting, a lot humbling, and excuse me while I fangirl because the author likes my review!  If you haven't picked up on it yet, I love this book and think you will too! And if you're new to Kelsey Kingsley, once you read one of her books, you'll want to read them all. 

Grab your copy of Forget the Stars via the link buttons right below the book cover image, then scroll down for more goodies -- excerpt, giveaway, playlist and author info. And if you're curious, check out Kelsey's other books here. The other books in this series (in order) are Daisies and Devin, The Life We Wanted and Tell Me Goodnight.  I think you'll enjoy all of these books, and I'd love to know what you think once you read any of them, so feel free to drop a comment.  Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers,

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.
AMAZON TOP 500 REVIEWER 











“What’s that look for?” she asked with a giggle, as she reached around to secure her bra.

I shook my head as a smile stretched over my lips. “Nothin’. Just …” I swallowed at the warmth crowding my heart and my lungs. “You’re my best friend.”

She tugged a tank top on and sighed, her exhale lingering in the air. “You’re mine.”

Mine. The word was simple and yet held the world. It was an agreement, it was possession. It was an invisible contract that lingered between us, and I would’ve gladly used my own blood to sign on the dotted line.

But instead of pricking a finger and sealing the deal, I simply nodded, as only two words left my mouth.

“I’m yours.”







Kelsey Kingsley is an author of eight, almost nine, novels. She lives in New York with her family and a cat named Ethel. She loves tattoos, music, makeup, and Frasier reruns. Kelsey is a Slytherin. She curses a lot, and she fucking hates cheese.


HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!