Don't Miss This Exciting New Release From Jane Harvey-Berrick!


BOMBSHELL

Available March 1, 2019 

By Jane Harvey-Berrick 

Sergeant James Spears isn’t heartbroken because he doesn’t have one. His heart was ripped from his body when the love of his life was killed in an IED attack in Syria.

Ironic, since James is an elite soldier whose specialty is neutralizing bombs.

Explosive…

Ordnance…

Disposal…

Other bomb disposal officers say EOD stands for ‘Every One’s Divorced’, but to James, all he can hear is ‘Every One’s Dead’.

When he meets the flighty, shallow socialite, Lady Arabella Forsythe, he detests her on sight. She’s everything he despises, and the complete opposite of the woman who stole his heart and buried it with her.

Arabella is sleepwalking through her life. Nothing holds her interest for long, not bingeing on champagne and cocaine, sleeping with princes and peers of the realm, not even her own family who are desperate to rehabilitate her.

When two lost souls meet in the grim underbelly of a world that most people avoid, they recognize each other’s shattered reflections. And maybe hatred is the other side of love.

Codename: Sleeping Beauty 

Book 2 in the EOD Series #standalone BOMBSHELL is the powerful new military romance from best-selling author Jane Harvey-Berrick

Add Bombshell to your TBR

Amazon buy link

Available in KU


MY REVIEW
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Harvey-Berrick is an author I can always count on to evoke a vast array of emotions while also making me think and broadening my world view. Bombshell is no different, and I was eager to read the rest of James's story, after having first met him in Tick Tock. 

This book was everything I expected and more, touching my heart deeply while keeping me on the edge of my seat as I devoured it in one sitting. When we catch up with James again, his life is a spectacular disaster. He has lost the love of his life and is slowly killing himself with alcohol. His only friend, Clay, manages to find James, three sheets to the wind in a dingy pub, and gives James an offer he can’t refuse. And when I say “offer,” I mean Clay, in his easy-going but determined way, pours James into a cab, takes him to a hotel and gets him dried out. Clay is now working for HALO Trust and is in need of the best EOD man around, which is James. 

HALO Trust is a charity that disposes of land mines and bombs in areas where the war is long ago over but danger still lurks. Be it an unsuspecting pedestrian who takes a different path or a child chasing a butterfly into a field, the work HALO does makes a difference in the lives of people worldwide. And although James is more dead than alive, taking the job with HALO gives his life purpose. The intense concentration required in carrying out his job offers some relief from the crippling loss, pain and emptiness in his heart. 

Bel, Lady Arabella, or Harry to friends, has the life every gal would envy. She lives in a castle and has all the material possessions a lady could ever want, but for her entire life, she’s been denied the one thing she desperately craves: love and attention from her father. Her nights of drugs, partying and landing in the drunk tank are over when her father “volunteers" her to work with HALO Trust. It wouldn‘t seem that a poor little rich girl who lives to party and an EOD soldier who doesn’t care if he lives or dies would have anything in common, but as they layers are pulled back, James and Bel's empty, fractured hearts recognize themselves in each other. 

Both of these characters were profoundly deep and complex, and they surprised me at every turn. Just when I thought I could predict their next move, another piece of the puzzle clicked, showing a new side. Both are so tragically broken that watching them find their strength, summon their courage and move towards healing and become their best selves makes for an immensely satisfying reading experience. James and Bel owned my heart through every step of their heartbreaking, beautiful, inspiring journey, and their story is one that will stay with me long after the last page. With explosive chemistry, perfectly placed humor, devastating poignancy and a critical world issue showcased, this phenomenal, must read is one you won’t want to miss. 

Grab this exciting, evocative new release today! Until next time, dear reader

Much love between the covers, 

BookAddict

*See my other reviews here.
AMAZON TOP 1000 REVIEWER

Buy Links

Watch this phenomenal trailer!



EXCERPT

Prologue

James 

The first time I tried to kill myself, I failed. 

Obviously. 

The gun misfired. I kept pulling the trigger and nothing happened, just empty clicks and a cosmic frustration. 

But next time, I’ll do it right, no mistakes. I have it all planned out. There’s a bottle of 25 year old Irish whiskey with my name on it, a handful of sleeping pills, and a plastic bag over my head. It will be a quiet end, peaceful. Which is ironic really, and nothing like the way I’ve lived my life. 

So with everything in place, the last thing I want is to find a reason for living. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's My Slingshot When I Need It?

Magnolia Sound, New From Samantha Chase In 2019!